Parent UpdatePosted on: October 5th 2020
Re: Information regarding a confirmed case of COVID-19 at Corpus Christi Catholic High School.
We have been notified of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in a pupil in Year 9.
The pupil concerned was self-isolating at home and did not attend school during the infectious period for the virus. We have been advised by NHS Test, Track and Protect that no further action is necessary.
Your child can continue to attend school as usual.
However, this underlines the importance of remaining alert for any symptoms of COVID-19:
- a new or continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
If your child develops any of these symptoms, even if they are mild, you need to: · book a test for them by phoning 119 or through the online portal: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
- follow the advice provided when your child receives their test result
- phone school on 029 20761893 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that your child is unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and that you have requested a test
- ensure your child self-isolates for 10 days from when their symptoms started
- ensure all other household members isolate for 14 days from the date when your child developed symptoms
- ensure you do not visit a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but if you require medical advice please contact NHS 111 or telephone your GP; if there is a medical emergency phone 999
- ensure you advise the school as soon as possible of the test result.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading, there are things that everyone in your family can do to help. These include:
- washing hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- washing hands as soon as they get home
- covering their mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not their hands) when they cough or sneeze
- putting used tissues in the bin immediately and washing hands afterwards.
I refer you again to the letter we wrote to you on 17th September about pupil attendance and Covid. https://www.corpuschristihs.co.uk/546/news/post/60/covid19-and-pupil-absence
In the event that your child is sent home to self-isolate he/she should continue to access the work for each lesson via TEAMs. Homework tasks should be completed and submitted via TEAMs. If pupils have any difficulties in accessing their work remotely, they should email their Registration Teacher in the first instance.
Further information on symptoms and self-isolation can be found here: https://gov.wales/symptoms-and-self-isolation-contact-tracing
Further information on NHS Wales ‘Test, Trace’, Protect can be found here: https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-coronavirus
For general information on COVID-19: https://gov.wales/protect-yourself-others-coronavirus
The COVID-19 online symptom checker can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do: https://gov.wales/check-if-you-need-coronavirus-medical-help
You are aware of all the measures we have put in place to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19. I want to reassure you that we will continue to be vigilant and do all we can to provide the safest possible environment for our school community.
Mr P Brunnock