All pupils have been given a booklet explaining the Cashless Catering system which will be introduced in the canteen in the Autumn term. Inside the booklet is a form to be signed and returned to school. If you have not yet seen the booklet please ask your child for it, or if it has been lost they should ask for a new one. For more information please read the Cashless Catering booklet available below.
Free School Meals
Who is entitled to free school meals?
Your child or children may qualify for free school meals if you are able to meet the following criteria:
- You or your partner have a child for whom you receive child benefit and who is attending a school or college in Cardiff
And you and your partner are:
- Receiving Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Receiving Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) with an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) not exceeding £16,190
- Receive support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Receive Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA (IR))
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
How to apply for free school meals
Applying for free school meals is a lot easier than you might think. If you think you may be eligible for free school meals you should apply to the LEA using the free school meal application form.
For further information, please follow the link below or contact:
Cardiff.GOVChief Schools & Lifelong Learning Officer
Schools & Lifelong Learning Service
If you would like to make a request to receive free school meals, please
Parents on incomes of less than £16,190 are eligible. Please refer to our school meals section, under ‘school info.’ for more information.
If you require any form of assistance in completing the application form for Free School Meals, please contact Mrs M Pratali at Corpus Christi High School on