Free School Meals
Who is entitled to free school meals?
Your child or children may qualify for free school meals if you are able to meet the following criteria:
- You or your partner have a child for whom you receive child benefit and who is attending a school or college in Cardiff
And you and your partner are in receipt of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Income Based JobsSeeker’s Allowance
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit, or
- Child Tax Credit with an income less than £16,190
- Universal Credit if the net household earnings is less than £7400.
*Families who get Working Tax Credit do not qualify.
Applying for free school meals is a lot easier than you might think. If you think you may be eligible for free school meals you should apply to the LEA using the free school meal application form.
For further information, please follow the link below:
If you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact our Enquiries Team on 02920761893