Yr11 GCSE Results Day (Thursday 20th August 2020)Posted on: July 15th 2020
Dear Parents/Carers of Year 11 learners,
GCSE results will be published to pupils on Thursday 20th August 2020. The plan for your child’s safe collection of their results from the school is as follows:
- Pupils can collect their results from the main hall of the school from 9.30am - 11.30am on results day.
- Pupils must enter the school via the main entrance. A one-way system will be in place and teaching staff will be present to assist Year 11 learners as they arrive, collect their results and depart.
- No cars will be permitted on site during this time.
- Pupils must vacate the building and the school premises as soon as their results have been collected.
- Whilst on site pupils must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- All previous examination results, where necessary, will be reprinted to accompany the results from June 2020.
- To maintain social distancing, all queries following the collection of results must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff from Careers Wales, St David’s College and CAVC will not be present at Corpus Christi on results day. Flyers will be provided inside students’ results packs that will provide useful contacts and enrolment information.
- If your child has applied to St David’s College, they will be asked to give consent for their results to be shared with the college. If your child wishes to enrol at the college but consent is not given, your child will need to provide a copy of their results, via email, during their virtual enrolment meeting and the enrolment process may take longer.
- If your child is unable to collect their results, a family member must bring a letter of permission, signed by your child, and will then be able to collect the results on their behalf. This family member must also bring a form of identification.
- If results cannot be collected at all, a request for results to be emailed can be sent to our Examinations Officer, Melanie Hellerman, at the email address given above. Please note that results will not be emailed until after 11.30am on results day.
- Any results that have not been collected on 20th August will be stored securely in school and can be collected after 3rd September.
Given the unusual circumstances leading up to the issuing of GCSE grades this summer, further information on the processes that have taken place by schools and WJEC, and the results of the public consultation survey can be found on the Qualifications Wales website at https://www.qualificationswales.org/english/.