What is Office 365?
Corpus Christi High School users will have access to an Office 365 account. Office 365 is a collection of online tools such as e-mail, calendar, contacts and instant messaging. It also includes document storage and Office Online which allows you to create and edit Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel documents in a web browser, without having Office installed on your device. You can log in to Office 365 on any device with a web browser and access to the internet.
Every user will have 50GB of storage for Exchange Online (email, calendar, contacts) and up to 1TB (1024GB) of storage for OneDrive
It is extremely important that you do not give out your password for your school account or Office 365 to anyone as you will be responsible for any misuse linked with your account.
You should ensure that you always sign out of Office 365 every time you have finished using it, as this will ensure that no one else will be able to log into you school or Office 365 accounts on the same device.
How do I access Office 365?
You can access Office 365 through the main page of our school website at www.corpuschristihs.co.uk Then click the mail icon or the OneDrive icon on the right hand side.
You can also access your OneDrive account by entering http://onedrive.corpuschristihs.co.uk in your web browser.
You can download the User Guide if you require any help - Office 365 User guide
The Benefits of Office 365.
- Up to 1TB of online storage with OneDrive for Business - it works like a memory stick that you can't forget or lose or even break! Choose to upload all your files to access them virtually anywhere.
- Access, create and edit documents on a multitude of devices: tablets, phones, laptops, PCs and Macs
- The ability to edit Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher documents in a browser, saving you money on purchasing Microsoft Office.
- Share and collaborate on documents with other students or share with staff.
- Integration with our new Sharepoint VLE site
- Entitlement to install the full Office 2013 Pro Plus suite of PC software or Office 2013 for Mac to personal devices for free.
- Using a tablet? Download iOS and Android apps in the respective app store.
- Whilst you are a student or staff member at Corpus Christi High School the software remains licensed to you and students can use these programs on up to 5 devices.
- Students and staff continue to use Office 2010 in school but now have the option to save to their OneDrive location. As an example, students using their own device such as a laptop could access Office 365 via the student WiFi to continue working.
A few things to take note of:
- An Internet connection is required to access the Office 365 site and services.
- Office 365 is a service operated and run by Microsoft and not Corpus Christi High School.
- Corpus Christi High School only provide the ability for students and staff to log into Office 365 using their Corpus Christi High School email address and network password, all other parts of Office 365 are operated by Microsoft.
- Users of the Office 365 service and the OneDrive storage must abide by all relevant laws regarding the storage and sharing of illegal content.
- Corpus Christi High School can make no guarantees regarding the safety of any documents created on the Office 365 platform, Microsoft do backup documents and there is also a recycle bin in case of accidental deletion of files. Microsoft also guarantee 99.9% uptime.
- Corpus Christi High School recommend students and staff always maintain a backup of their files (wherever they are stored) on a different storage medium.
- Corpus Christi High School are unable to guarantee the availability of the Office 365 platform at all times, there may be periods of unavailability due to maintenance or loss of Internet access during any part of the day for example. Students must plan for any eventuality and ensure any homework / coursework is submitted or printed in sufficient advance to any deadlines set.
- Before leaving Corpus Christi High School, students and staff must ensure they move any documents they wish to keep from their OneDrive storage to a suitable storage medium as their Office 365 accounts become inactive as soon as they leave. There is a 30 day grace period where documents could still be retained but the IT services department must be contacted and your account reenabled for a short time. After 30 days of leaving Corpus Christi High School documents on OneDrive will no longer be accessible and will be deleted by Microsoft.
- Corpus Christi High School may decide to not provide all Office 365 services, we don’t currently provide students with access to Skype for Business or the OneDrive for Business sync tool on school computers.